Monday, August 30, 2010

Melville Intermediate - Welcome back USA!

While students in New Zealand have been working hard since the start of the teaching year in February our contacts and friends in the USA have been on their Summer break, the students and teachers have now returned and were going to take this opportunity to visit four of our favourite blogs from the USA. Firstly your going to visit Mrs Yollis classroom page in California. Mrs Yollis is one of the best commentators on our site and her classroom page is a fantastic learning experience with so many wonderful things, click here to visit her wonderful page. Secondly another teacher who has networked with us with his classroom is Mr Miller from California, USA. We've skyped with his classroom before and are going to do so again shortly. Another wonderful classroom page with a huge amount going for it click here to have a look.

Lastly there's two classroom blogs that are always essential to visit when looking at work of students in the USA. Mr C's Classroom Blog in Noel, Missouri, USA and Mr McClung Blog. You are expected during the course of this week to leave comments on all four sites, but remember the commenting expectations and rules.

4 comments:

  1. Bring It On! Can't wait to see your comments. If you would like to check out some of my students' work you can go here: http://grou.ps/noelclassof2011/blogs

    Not all of the posts are of finished quality, but maybe you can see how we have been focusing on learning for the past two weeks. This post by Yolanda is especially exceptional: http://grou.ps/noelclassof2011/blogs/item/787831

    Maybe your students would like to write a Learning Manifesto for themselves.

    Mr. C

    BTW we will be doing some commenting this week as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr Chamberlain, as you know I am a huge fan of your work as it is a source of inspiration and ideas for me. I loved the learning Manifesto when I first saw it and I thought it was defiantly something that I would get my students to complete.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Mr. Webb and Room 8,

    Thank you so much for your kind words! We ♥ the connection we have with you and look forward to more fun in the future!

    Yes, school is about to begin for me. My room is all set up and I will meet my students tomorrow! Most of my third graders will be new to blogging, so we'll be starting at the beginning. :-)

    Your friend,
    Mrs. Y♥llis
    California

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greetings!
    I hope all is well.
    If any of your students have time, my grade 6 students have left some questions about New Zealand on our blog (All Things Quebec).
    We are hoping to hear from you soon!
    http://wp.me/prAf5-Yx
    Mrs. Theriault and her students

    ReplyDelete