Thursday, March 7, 2013

Melville Intermediate - Narrows Camp

Yesterday on the 6th of March 2013 was the last day of School Camp.  All of the children that had attended camp were able to pick and choose an activity.  I had choosen the Go Kart racing,  I also choose to participate in the challenge which we timed the three laps that you were able to race and you had to be the fastest that you could in three laps.

I was seated in the Go Kart and I was feeling like a winner but I was nervous at the same time.  There was the a countdown 3...2...1... GO! I had my foot planted down on the accelerator.  I have a corner up ahead and I felt confident speeding around the corner.  I felt the air brush through my hair.  I finished my first lap, then my second.  Blasting past the finish line I was relieved.  I checked my time on the stop watch and it was fifty seven seconds, which was the fastest female time.  Icis from Room Five.

1 comment:

  1. Well done Icis!
    Girl power. We enjoyed your recount.
    It was particularly good the way you communicated your mixed feelings as you waited to compete, feeling like a winner but feeling nervous at the same time.

    With every good wish

    ReplyDelete