Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Melville Intermediate - Winter Olympics Recount Daniel


On Monday the 12th – Friday the 16th I and 35 other student went to a sports camp at Totara Springs in Matamata NZ to represent Melville Intermediate School. When I first arrived at Totara Springs. When I M.I.S arrived at Totora springs we had to stay in the bus for little bit, then finally we got to go set a up our beds and unpack our things in our dorms for the week, There were two Boys dorms for Melville intermediate. After we unpacked our things the cross country runners had to get ready as well as the archery, shooters and the golfers.  First the cross country runners  ran and it was very long & very close but only kid from Melville managed to get in the top 8. Then the Archery, shooters and 
 golfers and both golfers managed to come 2nd. After that the swimmers at to get changed only one person from Melville came 2nd in boys breaststroke which was me.  Later that day we had dinner then we played scramball we came 1st equal with Te Puke.

Day 2: In the morning we had to get up and have breakfast which then that’s when the sports really started I was in 3 different sports four the day for me first I played rugby we won that game then my second rugby game had started a hour later we just managed to win, after rugby I had a soccer game and I was goalie we versed Murrays bay dolphins we lost 0-1 that was a tough game. The last game of the morning & afternoon was my basketball game we versed Murrays Bay Dolphins we managed to beat them 32-9, Then we had dinner it was nice. The last games were boys indoor hockey, girls indoor hockey and table tennis. Melville won boys and girls indoor hockey.

On Wednesday was the day I played the most sports 4 Indoor Soccer games two soccer games two basketball games and 1 rugby game. My second soccer game started we versed Henderson we lost 2-1 that game we thought were going to draw, then my third rugby game started we won and I scored a try! Then it was lunch we had fish burgers which was very nice and gave me energy. My next game was my second basketball game we won again! Then my was my third in final soccer game against Murrays Bay sharks we sadly lost 0-6 My last sport for the Afternoon & morning was my third basketball game which was against Henderson we won again ! Shortly after that game we had a delicious dinner. After dinner the night sports had started which was bowls and indoor soccer which I was in we lost all 4 games sadly but I still enjoyed it.

Thursday was the semis and finals day first we had breakfast I had everything because I needed heaps of energy. My first sport was rugby we versed Murrays Bay sharks in the semis we beat them so we would be going to the finals for rugby. Later that day I had the boys basketball  we beat Murrays Bay Dolphins 22-19 that was a good come back from a 22 point loss but we still won.  Straight after boys basketball I had rugby finals we lost to Henderson it was a very hard game. Later that day  Melville was coming 2nd  a lot so when the finals came for boys basketball I want to win very bad, and managed to bet Murrays Bay Sharks in the finals. After winning Melville got to have a swim in the swimming pool for 30 minutes.

On the last day of sports camp we had to pack up all our stuff, then we had breakfast after breakfast all the school had athletics which was a little boring, after athletics we had prize giving Melville came 2nd overall we won 8 trophy’s and came 2nd in 8 other things I really enjoyed  sport camp did not want go home   

No comments:

Post a Comment